How to increase followers on social media
Social media such as Facebook and Twitter are a great way to market your products and services. But how do you ensure you are getting the word out? How do you ensure enough people are reading it?
The answer is quite simple: look at how many people are following you.
The number of followers you have shows how many people receive your posts and advertisements, therefore showing how many people you reach.
Here are a few tips on how to grow your following on social media.
How to create the post
- Ensure your post is designed to be attractive to customers and appealing to their eyes, it should advertise your brand. The information should be purely focused on the product or service you provide with minimal information about yourself.
- Make sure to include handles and links to your other social media and ensure that it is shareable and has a positive tone.
- Include hashtags to your post as well. Hashtags are used to categorize posts under a topic. Use clever hashtags to ensure you post into a category that customers tend to explore. Here are some examples that we at SCAK use: #Retailer #Kenya #Africa #SCAK #ShoppingMall #Store #Service #Sales #Community
What to post
- People tend to follow pages which have many special offers. Social media is a great way for retailers to advertise their brand and this means including special offers on your products or services.
- Resharing content from other users is useful as well, as it brings diversity to your page and could mean a collaboration with other retailers to boost sales.
How to present the page
- Social media pages tend to include profile pictures and bios. Ensure your profile picture advertises your brand and your bio is written professionally.
- Call yourself an authority in your field, as people tend to follow experts and leaders.
- Links and handles to your website or other social media pages should also be included where they are clearly visible to the customer.
- Staying active is useful as you will be able to reply promptly to queries that customers may have
- Avoiding bursts, yet posting frequently. A burst is posting too many updates within a short amount of time. This can be overwhelming, however posting frequently increases the chance of your post being in the customers feed. The key is to balance the number of posts scheduled per day. This can be achieved by creating a social media calendar.
- Reaching out to influencers with a large following can be beneficial, as they can be contacted to publicize your page and its contents. You will not only receive a large number of followers but may make influential friends to further boost your future content.
Social media is a free channel of communication and if used well it can be greatly beneficial to your organisation. The tips above give you a way to start marketing your product or service, spreading the word and reaching target audiences. So go ahead and post away!